I know. I know. I’ve been radio silent again. I didn’t mean for it to happen. It just did. There’s no real excuse beyond the fact I’m still finding my way back to a normal working rhythm after everything that’s gone on since this summer. I knew it would be difficult. It always is when life throws a serious curve ball. But things are finally settling down and I am starting to feel my way back to a normal working routine. That’s the good news.

The better news is we had a late Christmas earlier this week with my son after he came home on leave. It amazes me when I see him after he’s been gone for awhile. Where is the little boy with the curly hair I used to get down on the floor and play Legos with? Now he is a fine young man I’m so very proud of.

He is also a compassionate your man, something he proved yet again while he was home.

We’ve always had animals, usually at least one dog and one cat. I grew up that way and wanted him to as well. When he was in late middle school/early high school, his cat died and I got him a new one. Thena was his until he went to college. Or, truthfully, she deigned to be his when the mood suited her. Cat, remember?

Anyway, the last few months, she’s been going down. It was to be expected. After all, she not only reached doubled digits but was well into them. The day he came home, she took a serious turn. Within a couple of hours, she was gone.

In the time since he graduated high school and went to TAMU and then in the USAF, Thena became my cat. So her death, especially coming so quickly, really hit me. My son was so good, dealing with what needed to be done, making sure I was all right and keeping my mood up. I felt bad, because I should have been doing it for him, but he said not to worry. Taking care of me was helping him.

So, I miss my cat and will be getting another one, especially since Brat Cat is lonely for his buddy. The dog? Well, he’s glad not to have the crotchety old woman swiping at him.

As for work, it’s getting there. I’ve been working when I have a few minutes to sit down and I’ve been hit with a couple of new ideas. I do my best to make a few notes and promise Myrtle the Evil Muse that I’ll get to them. In return, she has promised not to ambush me with much more until after I get the current projects out the door.

To destress–and there has been a lot of stress the last few months–I’ve been playing with Midjourney. I’ve also started working out again, something much needed. So, life goes on.

Starting next week, I’l be back to blogging on a more regular schedule. Most of it will be writing related but I am going to start doing more current events blogging as well. For now, I’m going to run. Coffee calls.


Featured image created using Midjourney AI

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.