There are times when you just have to bite the proverbial bullet and do something you don’t want to do. Today is one of those times. Life since August has been anything but easy, much less conducive to work. It is getting better thankfully. But because I’ve had to reprioritize a number of things, writing and editing have taken a backseat. Because of that, I made the difficult decision to delay Designation: Frejya again. Sorry, guys, but I am just not in the mindset I need to do the final edits justice.
I have reset it to June. I have also sent it off to one of my original alpha readers for final input. This person worked with me early in my career and was one of the best alpha readers (and later editors) I’ve ever had. I know I might be worrying about the book for nothing. I know my judgment about my writing is off right now. Because of that, when I hear back from her, I might release the book much sooner than anticipated. But I need a reality check and I hope you understand.
Again, sorry, but this is something I have to do. I don’t want to put out a book I’m not confident about, even if I know I’m in full self-doubt mode right now.
None of which is helped by the fact it is sleeting outside, the roads are icy and sucky and I’m stuck at home because of it. Whine. Whine.
(I promise, the whining is almost over. Myrtle the Evil Muse is back from her vacation and starting to hint at a book she wants me to write. That is a good sign. But, for now, I want hot coffee and a fireplace to help me ignore what’s going on outside.)