Just a short post this morning. There’s a lot on my plate today and I’m already running late. So, let’s get going. . . .
- I’m still working on the website redesign. I wound up not doing as much on it this weekend as I planned for reasons–mainly, I took time off, like last weekend. I’m finally figuring out I need to do this to mentally recharge. I’ll plug away at it some more later today and should have it all done in the next few days. For now, the latest updates are not “published”.
- I came across an article yesterday on parenting that had me rolling my eyes and shaking my head. I’ve written up my thoughts about it and you can find them over at Victory Girls Blog. I did something I don’t usually do in the post. I added a caveat about my conclusions. After reading some of the reviews of the book the post was based on, I found myself wondering if the post’s author slanted the OP’s views to fit his own narrative. Check it out.
- Tugger-Cat, the kitten also called Demon-Cat for obvious reasons (as in he is one), is growing like a weed and is so very active. He decided to play hunt-the-feet for much of the night last night with my mother. Let’s just say Mom isn’t happy with him this morning. At least he’s smart enough to be hiding in my room for the moment. (and by hiding, I mean he is sunning himself on the back of my easy chair in the bedroom window)
- If that wasn’t enough, he has also proven his cattishness by deciding he is MY cat–at least for the moment. He comes and sits in my lap, demanding attention, while pointedly ignoring Mom (except when she’s trying to sleep). He may not live to be an adult if he manages to delete any more of the W-I-P.
- As for the W-I-P, it is progressing nicely. I really like where it’s going and I am liking Ripley and company more and more. Of course, I have to be careful saying that or my other characters will get jealous and Myrtle the Evil Muse will decide to poke her nose into the mix. So, shhhhhh.
That’s about it for today. Don’t forget about my Substack where I’ll be posting more updates and posting snippets from Surtr’s Fury and other upcoming titles. You can subscribe here (and, right now, everything is free over there).