I am very, very, very behind with the current work-in-progress, so today’s post is going to be short and sweet. I wish I had time to post my thoughts about the AAR’s letter to the DoJ about the proposed settlement in the price fixing case against Apple and the five publishers. Maybe I’ll do that later. But, for now, I’ve found some posts dealing with issues in the industry that I think we all should be aware of. Enjoy and let me know what you think.
1. Why I cringe every time I hear anyone talking about how we have to preserve the “literary culture” of our country. Check out “How Highbrows Killed Culture“.
2. Passive Guy has some thoughts on AAR’s response to the DoJ. Check out “Bizarre Misunderstanding of E-Book Business“.
3. I couldn’t have said it better. Please check out one author’s farewell to legacy publishers. Ciao Publishers. Ciao Agents. Ciao slavery.
4. Barry Eisler believes that “What’s good for Amazon is good for writers, readers“.
5. Finally, for anyone considering signing a contract with Harlequin, I recommend you read the following links. No, I’m not saying that you shouldn’t sign with HQ if you get the chance. What I am saying is to be sure you know what you are getting into.
6. And I’d be remiss if I didn’t pimp fellow Mad Genius Club member Kate Paulk’s latest post, “To live you must first die“.
The floor is now yours. Let me know what you think about any or all of these links or if there are other links you think I should know about.